KIDSAC is a support and information pack for families living with a new diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
"Charlie is absolutely thrilled to bits with Rufus and has been hugging him all evening. Rufus had to sit at the table while we had tea, played Star Wars on the PS2, and also had his bedtime injection just before Charlie’s. I would recommend Rufus to anyone with a younger child!" Karen Spooner, mum of Charlie, diagnosed age three
The handy drawstring bag contains Rufus, the bear with type 1 diabetes. Rufus has special felt patches on his test and injection sites. He has been a great friend to thousands of children with type 1 diabetes over the years. As well as Rufus, KIDSAC contains:
- A handy type 1 reference folder to keep all the information and bits of paper that tend to come with a new diagnosis.
- JDRF information leaflets about living with type 1 diabetes.
- A handy pocket guide to give to friends and family (visit the shop to order more).
- A copy of Type 1 Discovery magazine.
- A free one-year subscription to JDRF’s Type 1 Discovery magazine, simply return the form to sign up.
- A free "Talking T1" primary school resource pack. Return the enclosed form and we will send you a pack.