KIDSAC is a support and information pack for families living with a new diagnosis of type 1 diabetes.
“Using KIDSAC and Rufus gives a more friendly side to having type 1 diabetes, and lets the kids have a friend with diabetes they can trust. Its amazing how many teenagers still have their Rufus at home (but won’t admit it!)” Lead Paediatric Diabetes Specialist Nurse, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The handy drawstring bag contains Rufus, the bear with type 1 diabetes. Rufus has special felt patches on his test and injection sites. He has been a great friend to thousands of children with type 1 diabetes over the years.
As well as Rufus, KIDSAC contains:
- A handy type 1 reference folder to keep all the information and bits of paper that tend to come with a new diagnosis.
- JDRF information leaflets about living with type 1 diabetes.
- A handy pocket guide to give to friends and family (visit the shop to order more).
- A copy of Type 1 Discovery magazine.
- A free one-year subscription to JDRF’s Type 1 Discovery magazine, simply return the form to sign up.
"Charlie is absolutely thrilled to bits with Rufus and has been hugging him all evening. Rufus had to sit at the table while we had tea, played Star Wars on the PS2, and also had his bedtime injection just before Charlie’s. I would recommend Rufus to anyone with a younger child!" Karen Spooner, mum of Charlie, diagnosed age three
How do I order a supply of KIDSACs to give to my patients?
You can order a batch of KIDSACs completely FREE of charge to be delivered to your clinic, simply call us on 020 7713 2030, email [email protected], or order in our online shop.
You can also make patients aware of KIDSAC by ordering posters to put in your clinic waiting room.